POSITRONIC FEED

an existentialist prick's babble

Sunday, January 15, 2006

ANOTHER DEAD CAT

My excuse for not posting is business as usual, and an unusually annoying virus which managed to creep into my computer and wreak havoc with my C drive, and my not bothering to sit down and fix it for a fair few weeks now. Some things have changed since then, some remain the same. I decided to leave the job. It's not worth working for a complete arsehole if you don't have the benefit of a Hugh Jass paycheck. My nails are bitten down, for I still couldn't manage to find a new job, yet sitting at bus stops with a begging bowl is far better than having any sort of connection with that villain. Anyhew, enough venting. On the darker side, one of my parents' cats died yesterday, of sickness. My mother is tearing herself to bits and I feel completeley unhelpful for lack of anything to do or say to make her feel better. Any advice is welcome. This particular cat was her favorite, and I have to admit I found his fluffiness quite handsome and cute. Watching it suffer and die was possibly the worst thing that could have happened to my mother. I can't belive she gets so emotionally attached to things so fragile. I actually like cats a lot despite my allergies, but they are just too damn fragile. It looks at you, it meows and you think you know what it wants, and you either give it food, stroke it, or let it out, as if cats are capable of only three states. There must be thousands of conditions which they try to communicate to us, yet we label the gestures with these basic states. What if this cat was trying to say he was sick for a few days now and we just failed to see? Do I want that kind of guilt and conscience in my life? Erm... NO!!! So, sorry for sounding harsh, but no pets here please. On the brighter side, I put pen to paper again after quite a few months, and am quite excited to see if I actually can get in touch with my inner designer. Hopefully he's there somewhere. (or she) A few ideas I am toying with, like a couch for a friend's new home, a trolley for a competition, and bookshelves for my sweet self. Anyone want anything designed, just ask. I am quite willing to throw in a sketch or two for free. (BE WARNED, I GET MY SHIT COPYRIGHTED!!!!) I will be back in the HNT scene with flying colours hopefully next Wednesday. Have to get used to posting early if I'm gonna play this game.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/15/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger WDKY said…

    Nice to see you back, Pos, but unfortunately no cat-related advice. Good luck with finding a new job, though, and well done for acting on your principles. I can SO relate!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home